Cat Denis au Mali

Friday, May 26, 2006

Quick edit

Greetings everyone! Sooo I realized I'm uber excited and want to share absolutely everything, but I think I'm getting carried away and am writing too much. I'll try to be more concise in the future :) I'll post soon regarding our 2 day surprise visit to a random rural community a few hours away from Bamako and will also tell you a bit about the one-week workshop on multi-functionnal platforms that we just attended. I'm leaving for Sévaré tomorrow or the following day. I can't wait to live the real Mali experience... We've been living it up here in the capital because of certain circumstances, and that's definitely not what I came here for. I need to refocus, and hopefully the 10-hour bus ride will help me do that :) Sorry about the lack of visuals... I forgot my camera this week, but I have a few good pictures to share. Cheers!

I saw this in a conference room in Bamako and thought it was really interesting. There are times when I think it's kind of tacky as well, it depends on my mood. I'll let you be the judge. It says something like: "You cannot paint white on white or black on black. Each one needs the other to reveal itself". And check out how two artists, with seemingly different backgrounds, collaborated to put it together...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home